Life & Soul (2018)
Life and Soul Part 7 – What is your rhythm of life?
Recorded on Sunday 18th February with John and Pauline Bagg
Life And Soul – Pt 6
Life And Soul – Part 5
Life and Soul – Part 4 – What is your calling?
Life and Soul – Part 2 – What lies beneath? (+baptism testimonies)
Life and Soul – Part 2 – What lies beneath?
Life & Soul
In the early part of 2018, we will be journeying into the interior of our own lives and learning some of the practices that will enable us to thrive and bring life to others.
Transformed individuals transform culture.
We are to called to grow in our own spiritual lives, to be “formed”, becoming more like Jesus as we follow Him. But life has a habit of leaving us battered and bruised. How do we thrive in the midst of loneliness, isolation and disappointment? How do we live a life that is truly worth living? Your soul is the very centre of who you are and who you are becoming. In this series we will learn some practical ways to restore and heal souls, ours and those of others.
2. Psalm 23:2-4 “He leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.”
3. Psalm 42:2 “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?”
4. Matthew 11:29 “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
5. Matthew 16:26 “What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?”
6. Jeremiah 6:16 “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.
Some recommended reading:
Our soul is like a stream of water, which gives strength, direction, and harmony to every other area of our life. When that stream is as it should be, we are constantly refreshed and exuberant in all we do, because our soul itself is then profusely rooted in the vastness of God and his kingdom, including nature; and all else within us is enlivened and directed by that stream. Therefore we are in harmony with God, reality, and the rest of human nature and nature at large.
Dallas Willard, Renovation of the heart
Some Spiritual exercises to help you connect with God and nurture your soul:
Prayer of Examen